My hero is a jet semi driver named Bob Motz. Bob Motz is my hero because he is the driver that got me to like racing and cars as much as I do. Bob is an awesome guy, and he is fun to be around. The first time I went "Summit Motorsports Park"the drag strip in Norwalk, Bob Motz was there and I told my mom I wanted a picture with him. My Mom took me in the pits where all the racers are, and when we got to him he picked me up and my mom got the picture. It was awesome! This year was my last opportunity to see Bob, because after this year he will not be racing at "Summit Motorsports Park" again. The event that I was going to see him was "Night Under Fire", but It got canceled due to rain. I was furious after that, Now Bob Motz will never race at Summit again. Bob is a very uplifting person and everybody loved him as a racecar driver.
His jet semi is a Kenworth semi body frame, with a J-79 General Electric jet engine. At the beginning of his run down the drag strip he has to get his truck warmed up, just like a jet would if getting ready for flight. Once Bob has got the jet engine warmed up he shoot's fire out of the jet engine, and out of the smoke stacks on the semi for entertainment. When he is ready he will pull up to the starting line to get staged. Bob puts the semi in pre- stage, then staged, and when he is ready the tree operator will have the 3 yellow lights come on, and then green. Thats when your supposed to go. If Bob Motz goes before the light is green he will get a red light and be disqualified. Bob's truck is black with orange, yellow, and red lightning bolts coming down the side, and purple outlining flames on the front.
Bob Motz has had a lot of first's in his career he was the first jet truck ever built, the first truck to go over 150 mph in a quarter mile, the first truck to run a seven second run, the first jet truck to run over 200 mph, and more. Bob Motz also has the IHRA and NHRA world record for his time and e.t., winner of the only side by side sanctioned jet truck race ever, and the Maryland world record land speed holder. Bob has a son which everybody wants to race when Bob Motz retires. Bob Motz has two competitors they are Chris Darnell in the "Shockwave" jet truck, and "The extreme Machine" jet truck. Bob Motz is my hero, and I am sure he is a hero to many others too. I would like to thank him for what he has done, and how he influences people, and I hope his legacy at the drag strip will continue on forever.
This summer I had an awesome time with my family and friends. This summer i've been to a lot of places like Summit Motorsports park in Norwalk Ohio, Cedar point Sandusky Ohio, The car show in Bucyrus Ohio, The Velvet ice cream factory in Utica Ohio, and more. My favorite thing I did this summer is the drag races of course with my family.
I went four times this year. The four events were 1. The Cavalcade of stars, 2. Super Summit, 3. NHRA Mello yellow Summit Nationals, and 4. The NMCA Street Finals. I might be going to the last event, but we will see. My family and I went to the Velvet Ice cream factory in Utica Ohio last month. I thought It was pretty cool, and the ice cream is awesome. We got to witness what it is like to make ice cream and how it taste. Velvet ice cream and Toft's ice cream are two ice cream company's that were made in Ohio. My family and I and Kyser French also went to Cedar point too. I rode a bunch of rides with kyser, but he wouldn't let me take him on the Valraven, but we still had fun. My brother and sister loved it because they were tall enough to ride all the rides this year, but I think there crazy if there gonna ride the Top Thrill. My family and I went to the bucyrus car show too. It was fun, because I grew up in Bucyrus, so I got to see people that I haven't seen in a long time. Some Nice cars too my favorite was a 1969 Chevy Chevelle it was Black with green racing stripes . We also went to the Summit Autorama in the IX center, but all that is a car show, but a lot bigger and better than bucyrus.
Overall I rate my summer on a scale from 1 to 10, at least a 7 or 8. I thank my parents Amanda-Cooper Shepherd and Brian M Shepherd and friends like Kyser, Kaden scaffer, Tyler Sage, and more for an awesome summer this year, and I hope next years summer can be just like this one, or even better.
Week of August - September 2nd
1. A. Argument - noun - An exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
B. My brother and sister are always in an argument, but I tell them to stop and they stop having one
2. A. Cite - verb - Quote (a passage, book, or author) as evidence for or justification of an argument or statement, especially in a scholarly work.
B. I use cite most of the time in Mrs. Stoneham's classroom, when we are talking about story or novels we read.
3. A. Passive Voice - noun - The passive voice is a grammatical construction (specifically, a "voice").
B. Passive Voice in a sentence, is in English class a lot of the time.
4. A.Personification - noun - the attribution of a personal nature or human characteristics to something nonhuman, or the representation of an abstract quality in human form.
B. Personification is used a lot, when it comes to a bunch of movies and book's.
5. A. Point of View - noun - a particular attitude or way of considering a matter.
B. In MRS. Stoneham's reading class she ask's us all of the time, what our point of view is about a story we have just read.
6. A. Collaborate - verb - work jointly on an activity, especially to produce or create something.
B. I collaborate all the time, when im doing homework.
7. A.Articulate - adjective - (of a person or a person's words) having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently.
B.In Mrs.Stoneham's class, she reads very articulate.
8. A.Evolve - noun -develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
B.Humans have evolved for hundreds of years.
9. A. Meticulous - adjective - showing great attention to detail; very careful and precise.
B. I am very meticulous when it comes to automobile racing, because it is my favorite thing to do and watch.
10. A. Agile - adjective - able to move quickly and easily.
B. My new dog Diesel is very agile, when it comes to playing outside with him.
11. A. Elastic Potential energy- noun - energy stored in any object or material that is bent, stretched, or compressed.
B.Elastic Potential energy is in a lot of things like a crossbow, or a mouse trap, just to name a few of them as examples.
12. A. Newton - noun - the unit in the metric system used to measure force.
B. My Science class in MR. Oney's class; measure things in Newton a lot.
13. A. Force field - noun - an area around an object where an object can influence another object with out touching it. A magnetic field is an example of this.
B. Mr. Oney said that we have force fields here on Earth, but there not cool like what "Star Wars" movies have.
14. A. Inertia - noun - how hard it is to get something moving, stop a moving object, or change the direction of a moving object.
B. We all have inertia, even vehicles have inertia here on Earth.
15. A. Normal force - noun - a equal but opposite force that pushes back when you stand, sit, or push on a surface so you do not sink through that surface.
B. Normal force effects everything on Earth, it pulls objects up perpendicular.
16.A.hypotenuse- noun- the longest side of a right triangle, opposite the right angle.
B. In Mrs. Turners class we do a lot with hypotenuse in our studies.
17.A.Converse- verb- engage in conversation.
B. I like to converse with my family when we are all together at times.
18.A.Irrational numbers- noun- In mathematics, an irrational number is a real number that cannot be expressed as a ratio of integers, i.e. as a fraction.
B. Irrational numbers cannot be expressed as a ration in math.
19.A.Rational numbers- noun- A rational number is a number that can be written as a ratio.
B. A rational number can be written as a ratio unlike irrational numbers that cannot.
20.A.Square Root- noun- a number that produces a specified quantity when multiplied by itself.
B. A square root produces specified quantity when multiplied by itself.
22. A. Accept - verb - consent to receive (a thing offered).
B. I have to accept the fact that I am not the only kid in my family, nor the favorite one either.
23. A. except - preposition - not including; other than.
B. When you go to the drag strip none, but one driver will win the event.
24. A. affect - verb - have an effect on; make a difference to.
B. My brother has not had an affect on our new dog, but we will see if he does.
25. A. effect - noun - a change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.
B. My grades have an effect on how my life will be like, and how my job will end up.
26. A. Allusion - noun - an expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly; an indirect or passing reference.
b. People that live in the deserts can see allusions, because the heat from the sun mess with there brain.
27. A. onomatopoeia - noun - the use of onomatopoeia for rhetorical effect.
b. We use onomatopoeia's when we wright 5 paragraph essays in both Mr. Bedingfield's and Mrs. Stoneham's class rooms.
28. A. Alliteration - noun - the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
b. Alliteration is in most books, or short storys we all read.
29. A. Irony - noun - the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.\
b. A lot of people use irony in there sentences to make people smile.
30. A. Figurative - adjective - departing from a literal use of words; metaphorical.
b. All sentences have figurative in them in Mrs. Stoneham's class.